This has been a very busy month for me. As you might have guessed from my recent slip in posting regularly. It was hard to pick a make-up beauty product this month. I have been lounging around the house in an old flannel shirt, pyjama pants, glasses, and no make-up every second of the day that I can. But, when I thought about it, I had been relying on a beauty/health secret to help me cope this month: Green Tea
My March Fav is Green Tea. Specifically, one of those big Genmaicha green tea bags you get at Japanese restaurants in a litre of cold water. I have been drinking about 1.5-2L a day! Why? Because there are so many health benefits:
- It is an anti-oxidant
- Provides some UVB protection
- Helps lower your weight by helping your body to burn more fat
- It has a bunch of vitamins and minerals your body needs
- Lowers your risk of cavities, which is great because I hate dentists!
- Is anti-bacteria and anti-viral, which helps to keep you from getting sick
- Reduces brain cell death
- Lowers your cholesterol
- Is an anti-inflammatory
- Increases bone density
- Reduces risk of and inhibits growth of some cancers
- Increases your lifespan overall
Given all these benefits, surely Green Tea has earned a place in my Monthly Favs.
Ali, N., Roshdy, E., Sabry, M., & Al-Hendy, A. (2013). Green tea: varieties, production and health benefits. GREEN TEA, 33.